- All Petros guitars are hand crafted with the highest standards using aged master grade woods and modern construction techniques throughout in a modern climate controlled shop.
- Dovetailed neck
- Pre-Stressed Arched Tops constructed in a vacuum press (except the Parlor)
- Proprietary top graduation
- Scalloped bracing
- Spruce and Ebony bridge plate
- Structural and tonal side braces
- Arched back
- Ebony bridge
- Fully compensated bone saddle with 10 degree back angle
- Bone nut
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Fingerboard/neck lamination for greater stability and a classy look
- Wood binding and purfling lines
- Select Paua Abalone or Amboyna Burl purfling and rosette or 1/8" Purflex® purfling and rosette
- Bound peghead
- PETROS inlay on peghead
- Gold Gotoh tuners with 18:1 tuning ratio
- Custom wood tuner buttons
- Two-way adjustable truss rod
- Clear pick guard
- Thin, tough,flexible, gloss finish
- A hard shell, plush lined, custom case
- Limited lifetime warranty to original owner
Back Wood Choices Studio or Deluxe: Indian RW, Madagascar RW, Panama RW, Macassar Ebony, Malaysian Blackwood, Figured Shedua, Curly Claro Walnut, Figured Koa, Tasmanian Blackwood, plain Ceylon Satinwood, Ziricote, Paua Rosa, Cocobolo
Top Wood Choices: Sitka Spruce, Englemann Spruce, Red Spruce, Italian Spruce, Cedar, Dwende Redwood, Alaskan Yellow Cedar
Deluxe Model Top Wood Choices are sometimes specific to the model: Curly Redwood, Tunnel 13 Redwood, Chocolate cedar etc.
Various options: Brazilian Rosewood, Figured Ceylon Satinwood, African Blackwood: +$4000 Cutaway: $600 Slothead: $700
Five Body Styles - Parlor, FS, GC, D & Jumbo
- The Parlor is our smallest guitar and has 24 1/2 inch scale and is joined exclusively at the 12th fret with a shot scale (125/8 X 18 X 3 7/8) Built in a baroque style and a joy to play.
- The New FS (Finger Style) is a smaller, more intimate guitar. (15 X 19 X 4) Available in 12 fret, short or long scale, or 14 fret, long scale.
- The GC is a size that is in between the FS and the D (15 1/2 X 19 1/2 X 4 1/2)Available in 12 or 14 fret.
- The D is a dreadnought (16 X 20 X 47/8) but with a smaller, nicer looking waist which nestles the guitar more comfortably on your lap. Made for medium gauge strings.
- The Jumbo (16 5/8 X 20 1/2 X 4 1/2) is a large bodied instrument suitable for more aggressive playing but is also well suited for fingerstyle playing if you don’t mind the larger body size. This is the body used for our baritone guitar.
Note: 4 body styles (FS, GC, D & Jumbo) are all available with a cutaway as an option, but not the parlor. Only the New FS is available with a Florentine cutaway.